Canada Visitor Visa : Eligibility Criteria
- Have a valid passport;
- Have enough funds for your stay.
- Be in good health;
- Satisfy a Canada immigration officer that you have sufficient incentive to return to your home country after expiry of your visa. A person who has a job, property, business, membership in social associations and, most importantly, family ties in his home country has incentives that will compel him to go back to his country;
- Satisfy the Canada immigration officer that you genuinely desire to visit Canada. This can be shown by the urgency or importance of your visit to Canada.
You may also need:
- a medical examination; and
- a sponsorship letter from Canadian citizen or PR residing in Canada.
Parents and grandparents of a Canadian citizen or PR can obtain 10 years super visa if,
- Their sponsors’ (Children or grand-children’s) income is above the low income cut off (LICO)
- They have medical insurance of $100,000 per applicant
FEDERAL Low income cut off TABLE, 2013
|SIZE OF FAMILY UNIT||MINIMUM NECESSARY INCOME|
|1 person (the sponsor)||$23,298|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,268|
|Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)|
Parminder Singh LL.B (Canada)