Quebec Immigration – Language Proficiency
Post Aug 1, 2013 point system
Up to 22 points
|French Proficiency||Low Beginner (A1)||High Beginner (A2)||Low Intermediate (B1)||High Intermediate (B2)||Advanced (C1)||Advanced (C2)|
|Listening||0 points||0 points||0 points||5 points Delf 16/25||6 points||7 points|
|Speaking||0 points||0 points||0 points||5 points Delf 16/25||6 points||7 points|
|Reading||0 points||0 points||0 points||1 point Delf 16/25||1 point||1 point|
|Writing||0 points||0 points||0 points||1 point Delf 16/25||1 point||1 point|
|English Proficiency||Beginner (CLB 1-4)||Intermediate (CLB 5-8)||Advanced (CLB 9-12)|
|Listening||0 points||1 point (IELTS 5 bands)||2 points (IELTS 8 Bands)|
|Speaking||0 points||1 point (IELTS 5 bands)||2 points (IELTS 7 bands)|
|Reading||0 points||1 point (IELTS 4 bands)||1 point (IELTS 7 bands)|
|Writing||0 points||1 point (IELTS 5 bands)||1 point (IELTS 7 bands)|
Pre Aug 1, 2013 French Language point system
|French Proficiency||Low Beginner||High Beginner||Low Intermediate||High Intermediate||Advanced|
|Listening||1 point||3 points||4 points||6 points||8 points|
|Speaking||1 point||3 points||4 points||6 points||8 points|
|Listening||1 point||2 points||3 points|
|Speaking||1 point||2 points||3 points|
French Language Proficiency:
LOW Beginner –
- Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases);
- Speaking: Able to express basic needs.
HIGH Beginner –
- Listening: Able to understand practical information of everyday life;
- Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.
LOW Intermediate –
- Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations;
- Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.
HIGH Intermediate –
- Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects;
- Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.
- Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life;
- Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.